Thursday, September 6, 2007

Plaid Throw

It was time to start a new blog after moving back to England. I was a little click-happy and deleted my last one, so I'll just give a brief recap of a few creative things I did during my stay in the States.

First of all, I was there to look for work, which I eventually did find, but during my evenings and weekends I wanted to try something involved, so I bought a few beginner crochet books and a couple hooks and got started on a bit of an ambitious first project: a plaid throw.

The whole project took a little over 3 weeks - that was working on it almost every day during the morning and evening train commute as well as any free time I had over my weekends.


I realized once I had finished that I really should have blocked each of the strips, but I didn't really have the means at the time, so oh well. Each strip was over 6 feet long so I'm not sure where I could have tacked them down safely.


The project took me about three weeks to complete.

I also did various smaller things like stocking hats which were sent to our troops in Afghanistan. My husband delighted in calling them 'Freedom hats.' *rolls eyes*

No comments: